A glimpse into a vintage lovers life and style

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bowling

Last night my boyfriend and I went bowling with my friend and her husband. Yah... it was kind of like a double date... but just a little. Anyway, back to the bowling part. I hadn't been in a few years, and my boyfriend said he hadn't been in 20 years or something insane like that!

Bowling is kind of geeky but also kind of rad at the same time! It was popular in my favorite time periods- the 50's and the 60's. And there is a lot of memorabilia and style centered around bowling- men's bowling shirts, bowling ball handbags, bowling pins as decor, newly formed rockabilly and punk rock bowling teams, etc, etc.

Well, I can say I'm not a pro, but it was fun...minus the icky bowling shoe part. When I head to Vegas next week,I think I may plan a stop at a retro bowling alley and bowl in real style...

And now, here is every one's favorite pre-historic bowler, showing off his stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment