A glimpse into a vintage lovers life and style

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Workout Wednesday- Gear


Ahhh, Wednesday... beloved hump day... have you been keeping up with your workouts? I know I have!

I dont usually use equipment when I work out... but I am trying to incorporate resistance bands, etc, as they are easy to take along on my outdoor workout. Well, on my hunt for resistance bands... which i had a specific type in mind that I could'nt find anywhere... I went to Superstore...a Canadian supermarket...

Well, they have a workout gear line called... Jogi... tee hee... Anyway... Jogi has yoga and workout gear... in pink!I love pretty much anything that is pink... and I especially love that this equipment is pink! Its all priced very reasonable and well, gets the job done. Some equipment is basically the same no matter how much you pay for it. Most weights are the same, skipping ropes, ankle and wrist weights (?...people still use those?), stability balls, etc.

Now, what I really wanted was a resistance band with the fabric covering over the tubing... Jogi has a bunch of different resistance bands...and hallelujah... they had one with fabric covering! The only unbfortunate part was it was a "light" band...meaning the easiest to use... I got it anyway... Im going to play around with it to see how effective it can be... I wanted a "heavy" resistance, but the heavy ones consisted of three bare tubes braided together... which doesn't seem like a very good idea to me...Anyway, my "light" resistance band cost just $13... I plan on incorporating it into my workout tonight.... Ill let you know how it goes.http://joefreshlife.com/2011/01/29/meet-jogi/

Where do you get your workout gear/equipment? Whats your favorite piece and exercise? I love love love resistance bands, especially for tricep extensions, bicep curls, shoulder press, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment