Today's recipe is a Banana, flax and walnut bread! Yum Yum!
I made this on Sunday but forgot to take a picture while it was still in tact, so you will have to use your imagination to picture, a golden, moist, banana bread. I got this recipe off the internet and wrote it up on a recipe card, so sorry, I don't know the original source.
This banana bread has good for you ingredients, so you wont feel guilty after eating it all up!
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter ( melted)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup flax seeds
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking salt
1 large egg, plus one large egg white
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup mashed bananas ( approx. 2 medium bananas)
1/2 cup of walnuts
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x5x3 pan, set aside
2. whisk together the flours, flax sees, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside
3. Put egg and egg white in a bowl of an electric mixer ( or any bowl you fancy, really). It says to use the paddle attachment of your mixer, but I always just use the regular attachments. Mix on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add melted butter, sugar, bananas and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until well incorporated, about 10 seconds. Stir in walnuts
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until golden brown about 35 mins.
5. Let cool in the pan, Invert to un-mold and let cool.
Sometimes I used slivered almonds instead of walnuts, and if your really crazy, you can even add chocolate chips!!