Thursday, June 2, 2011
Well, seeing as I'm stuck here for awhile, why not post some "fun" things to do in Alberta. Maybe it will motivate you ( and me) to get out and enjoy... Alberta...
20 things to do in and around ( and maybe a little further than) in Edmonton & Calgary
1. The Calgary Zoo- it really is a great Zoo... a million times better than the Edmonton Zoo
2. Drumheller- I have never been and want to go this summer so bad!
3. Capital Ex- yah yah, its not as good as it use to be, but its still fun... when you stop trying to be too cool to go on rides and play games...
4. Jurrasic Forest- it is exactly what its name suggests
5. The Muttart Conservatory in Edmonton- Ive been wanting to go for awhile; I havent been since I was like 10 or something.
6. Heritage Festival July 30-August 1. http://www.heritage-festival.com/
7.The Calgary Stampede- its kind of like Capital Ex only with way more cowboys! July 8-17
8.Go to Vulcan- a town deciated to Star Trek. For real. Spock Days/Galaxyfest is coming up June10-12. http://www.vulcantourism.com/
9.A Taste of Edmonton ( and Calgary)- local food vendors set up booths so you can try out a variety of different foods and restaurants around the city. In Edmonton- July 21-30. In Calgary- August 11-14
10. The Edmonton Fringe Festival- August11-21.http://fringetheatreadventures.ca/
11.Take a ride on the Queen Elizabeth River Boat- you can either just take a ride or go for a romantic dinner with your sweetheart. http://www.edmontonqueen.com/index.php?area_id=1000
12.Reynolds- Alberta Museum, just outside of Wataskawin- A classic car museum... I cant wait to go check it out! http://www.machinemuseum.net/
13.Ukrainian Village- for those of you unfamiliar with Edmonton and Area... there are alot of Ukrainian people living here.
14.Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo Jump- yes that is actually what it is called. Its one of the worlds oldest and largest buffalo jumps. http://www.head-smashed-in.com/
15.Rockin August, in St. Albert, an international car show. I love car shows! http://www.rocknaugust.com/
16. Go to a baseball game at Telus Stage, in Edmonton, You can get really cheap tickets, and sit in the sunshine!
17.Pets in The Park- at Hawrelak park- bring your pets down to the park June 26 http://www.edmontonhumanesociety.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=575&Itemid=113
18. The Edmonton Pride Festival. Downtown June 10-19. http://edmontonpride.ca/
19. Shakespeare in the Park. June 30-July 24 at Hawrelak Park http://www.rivercityshakespeare.com/
20.The St Albert Farmers Market-opening June 18th. This is one of the best Farmers Markets Ive been to. http://www.stalbertchamber.com/pages/FarmersMarket/
So if you live in and around Edmonton or Calgary, or are coming for a visit, now you have a nice list of things to do and check out!
Posted by Natasha at 8:01 AM