A glimpse into a vintage lovers life and style

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

American Apparel Sale in Review

American Apparel had a warehouse sale this past weekend. I have to admit I was a little disappointed. I went hoping to find some good tights, some over the knee socks, and maybe even a nice tank top or two. I didn't find anything I was looking for. I also thought the selection was a touch weak. Most of things I liked were available In either XS or XL, and nothing in between. Maybe someone had gotten to my size before me, or maybe it was really a "warehouse" sale, in that, they were clearing out!
I ended up finding two items! A Cotton Spandex Jersey Bandeau Dress, in olive green. Its the one where you can tie/wear a handful of different ways. And for $20, I'd say it was a good find. It fits great and the material is lovely. And a bright, shiny red bandeau, which I plan to wear under tanks tops and such. This was a steal at only $5.

Although I was personally disappointed with the selection, I could see how others would be in AA heaven. There were tons of items for Hipsters and Indie kids, as well as the stick thin...which, dare I say, is kind of American Apparels market. But I'm certain in the rows and racks jam packed with the American made items, there was something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment