- Riding your bike for 10 miles, instead of driving, reduced your carbon emissions by 384 pounds!
- Riding for one hour ( or 10 miles, depending on your speed) you can burn 400-500 calories!
- Riding your bike = great cardio session!
- to burn more calories on your bike ride vary your speed and resistance; by adding a few speed bursts and tyring your hardest to bike up steep hill you'll get your heart rate up, which means burning more fat!
- bike riding for longer periods of time builds stamina
- bike riding tones your butt, quadriceps, hamstring, lower legs and even your core!
- getting your heart rate up, like when bike riding, can help lower your blood pressure and control cholesterol levels
Now that summer is finally here ( and gas prices have sky rocketed) why not get out that old bike of yours, lube up the chain, tighten the wheels, and go for a nice ride in the sunshine?!!
If you don't have a bike yet, check out United Cycle, Redbike, Kijiji, or even Canadian Tire, Walmart or SportCheck!
I'm going to get a picture of me and my bike to show you next week!